Global Lambda Integrated Facility

Subject ITU-T/OGF Workshop on Next Generation Networks and Grids
From Erik-Jan Bos <erik-jan.bos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:53:14 +0200

Dear Tech:

On October 23 and 24, 2006, the joint ITU-T/OGF Workshop on Next
Generation Networks and Grids will take place in Geneva, Switzerland.
For the detailed agenda, please look at the URL below and click on
Advance Programme:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/grid/

As you can see, Kees Neggers is one of the keynote speakers. I think
this is an important opportunity to make the ITU-T aware of our concept
of hybrid networking in general and the efforts GLIF in particular.

As you know, GFP as defined in ITU-T G.7041 plays an important role in
GLIF, and so do VCAT and, possibly later, LCAS. In case you have any
concern, question or remark about these three protocols, sometimes
referred to as the "Next Gen SONET three", or any other topic that could
be related to this upcoming workshop, please let me know and I can ask
Kees to put this forward at the meeting. Please reply to me off-line and
I will summarize to the list.

Thank you.

__

Erik-Jan Bos